Benefits of Meditation
Daily meditation practice, even if it only lasts 10-15 minutes a day, brings us many benefits. This is supported by many scientific studies. In this post, you will find a summary of key findings from scientists on the benefits of meditation.
1. Even 10 minutes of meditation a day is enough to significantly reduce the level of beta waves in the brain. Consequently, the human brain rests during meditation from processing an infinite amount of information.
2. Meditation helps us improve memory. It increases the amount of gray matter in areas of the brain responsible for memory and learning, as well as areas of the brain responsible for self-awareness and compassion.
3. For those who practice meditation, the number of folds of the cerebral cortex increases - this allows the brain to process information faster, improves memory and attention, thus, allows us to make more informed decisions.
4. Meditation effectively reduces stress levels. The practice of meditation lowers the density of gray matter in the areas of the brain responsible for anxiety and stress.
5. Meditation increases creativity and the ability to think outside the box.
6. Meditation increases productivity and concentration. Meditation can help us stay focused longer and be less distracted while working on our daily tasks.
7. Meditation helps us feel harmony and connection with the world.
As you can see, many wonderful changes happen to everyone who practices meditation regularly. Meditation helps us become calmer, stronger, more creative, more stress-resistant, more productive, and as a result, much happier.