“As above, so below, as within, so without, as the universe, so the soul…”
These are ancient principles believed to be taught by Hermes Trismegistus (also known as Hermes, the Greek God of travelers and commerce, and the messenger of the Gods). It is believed that these Principles were passed from Master to Initiate for generations, for the purpose of personal growth and with the intention of achieving a greater and deeper understanding of the self, the world, and beyond.
They represent key principles of the Universe and are stated below:
1. Principle of Mentalism: “All is Mind” (The Universal Mind that is now being heavily researched by quantum physics)
2. Principle of Correspondence: “As is above, so is below. As is below, so is above.” (The world around us is the reflection of what we have inside us. If we want to change the world - we should start from changing ourselves).
3. Principle of Vibration: “Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates.” (There is nothing permanent - everything is constantly changing).
4. Principle of Polarity: “Everything is dual; everything has an opposite, and opposites are identical in nature but different in degree.” (Everything has its positive and negative side - depending on from what angle you prefer to look).
5. Principle of Rhythm: “Everything flows, out and in; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left- rhythm compensates.” (Again, everything is moving and if you reach one extreme - you will experience the other).
6. Principle of Cause and Effect: “Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause.” (The key "karma" principle that everyone is well aware of :)).
7. Principle of Gender: “Everything has its masculine and feminine principles.” (Within each of us there are both masculine and feminine energies. Both of them need our attention).
The happiness is in balance. But balance is never permanent.
Stay healthy and happy.