5 recommendations to improve your daily yoga practice 🧘♀️
Regardless of whether you are new to yoga or have been practicing for a long time, these recommendations will allow you to improve the effectiveness of yoga practice.
1. Close your eyes while doing yoga.
Yoga is just fitness if you work on form, not content. You can work on flexibility or stand for a long time in one particular asana, but all this will not bring the benefits for which yoga is known. Mindfulness is key important in yoga practice, which you can achieve by keeping your eyes closed during the practice. This will make it easier for you to focus on your body movements, on your breathing, stay focused and keep balance.
2. Make your practice smooth.
If you are used to getting in and out of the asana on the fly, such a habit is not beneficial for you as it does not allow you to feel the posture. At the same time smooth transitions between asanas do not interfere with breathing, and enrich the body with oxygen.
3. Scan your body for tension.
Although we loves to relax, our lifestyle forces us to tense up and prevent relaxation. Fortunately, yoga can change that habit. Practice body scanning in Shavasana - lie down on your back and start to scan your body. Once you notice tension - relax it with the power of thought. Over time you will get better and better.
4. Start simple, move on to complex.
Instead of doing a difficult asana incorrectly, master its simpler variation. If something doesn't work out for you, admit it and work on the simpler version of the posture. Don't let your ego be the cause of body injury while practicing yoga.
5. Make a list of asanas to practice daily. Each of us has our own strengths and weaknesses in yoga practice. Analyze them. What to stretch, what to strengthen? Based on this analysis, make a list of asanas that you will practice every day. Within a couple of months, you will feel that the results of the practice have become more impressive thanks to this strategy.
Stay healthy and be happy. Namaste 🙏🏻